Saturday, March 15, 2014

Adventuring


Ever feel like you're just working and coming home and working then coming home? I'm a total homebody, there's nothing I love more than being cosy on the sofa watching something on Netflix, however occasionally I get cabin fever and have to get out and about.
This is when we go on what I call an adventure. I love revisiting all the places I went when I was younger and Yorkshire is such a beautiful place there's endless towns and villages to visit.

Here's a few places we've visited recently:

Lindley reservoir which was on the way to Pateley Bridge, we had to stop and take a photo of the gorgeous scenery (despite blocking the road a wee bit). Why are phone cameras so rubbish sometimes? This picture does the scenery absolutely no justice in the slightest.
Brimham Rocks, a fascinating rock formation near the Yorkshire Dales. I wish it wasn't so windy when we went because I really wanted to climb up to the top but when I tried to get a photo I nearly blew away!
Obviously we HAD to get some sweets from here, I have a major sweet tooth.
Please excuse my finger, this is Gary's photo taking stance (to stop being blown over!)
He wasn't happy with the wind
But much happier with tea and cake inside him.
Is there anything better than a Yorkshire tea room??
Mmmm, jam then cream...people who put cream THEN jam on are certifiably insane.
Pateley Bridge was a tiny village, it had one main street (but 4 pubs and 5 tearooms - that's yorkshire for you!)
This is New Miller Dam in Wakefield which is a lovely walk and we were blessed with some sunshine.
Near Castle Hill in Huddersfield
This was in the peak district, a place I forget the name of, we climbed to the top of this rock formation and felt like we were on top of the world!
Hardcastle Crags, near Hebden Bridge, which is another lovely walk.
The Yorkshire Wildlife Park. Although a lot of the places we visit are in and around Yorkshire we have been abroad too. Most recently:
A surprise trip to Paris for my 25th birthday!

We have been many places in the short while we have been together and I envisage many more, to find someone who shares my love of these day trips is quite fantastic. I love our adventures, getting in the car and going on a road trip, full of bacon sandwiches and dreaming of high tea or a pub lunch and then coming home at the end of the day. Perfect.

“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this!! I'm a Yorkshire girl too and I've been to a lot of these places :)
    I forget how pretty good old Yorkshire is sometimes xx

    ReplyDelete