The photo above is my attempts at hand quilting, which was a disastrous attempt. I couldn't get my stitches to look nice on both sides.
Instead I machine quilted a few of the hexie flowers. I didn't do them all do to time. The fabric wasn't stretched properly on the top and bottom and I was left with a little excess fabric on top.
I started in July 2014 just after we got back from holiday. I'd been itching to start a project when I got back and something this time consuming was perfect.
All the fabric was from the homemakery except for the blue dot which I had in my stash.
I used a pink Tilda stripe for the backing and the blue dot for the binding.
Recently, my gran gave me the quilt back. This obviously upset me at first but she explained she wanted our baby to have it. She figured it would save me making another but I'm still going to make a triangle quilt for bubba!