Sunday, August 25, 2013

Painted furniture update

I blogged about painting furniture a couple of posts ago and thought I'd share the end results with you!
This chest of drawers was a freebie from my gran's neighbour (hurray!) and so I only paid for the paint and some new door knobs (which I'm yet to buy).
I painted the inside of the drawers duck egg blue:
I also painted this old mahogany side table and I think it looks adorable painted up!
After painting these two pieces of furniture I still have half a tin of paint left! Annie Sloan is expensive but it definitely lasts.
I wasn't too impressed with the finish on the chest of drawers, you can see brush marks when you look closely. When I painted the side table I watered it down slightly and the finish is much better. If you're going to paint furniture I would water it down first.
All in all I am very impressed with my furniture painting skills!

Would you consider painting furniture?
Amy x
 

1 comment:

  1. Ooo I really love the little side table! I'd definitely consider painting furniture, so much better than just throwing it away. I also love Decopatched furniture! Xxx

    ReplyDelete