Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My plaid obsession


As soon as Autumn begins and the leaves start changing colour my brain immediately kick starts my plaid (or tartan) obsession. Somehow it feels wrong to wear it unless it's Autumn/winter and so I get to pick out all my old favourites from my wardrobe. 

Since Autumn began I've already made 2 plaid dresses and planning some plaid pyjamas for Gary and a shirt dress (that's for me if you hadn't guessed!).


 Please ignore the mess!!


The pattern is Tessuti's lily dress with short sleeves and no pockets. 
It was a super speedy make as the neckline is bias bound and I just zipped it through my overlocker. For the life of me I cannot remember where the fabric is from!


No pattern matching to see here!
 
I added the waist gathers which are inspired by a Cabbages and Roses dress that I absolutely love but couldn't justify buying. I love that this dress can accommodate bump but will also be fab for the next plaid urge I get. 

The next dress is another one inspired by C&R and is a rub off of a black watch tartan dress I own from them. 
It's basically a bodice block with no darts to make it shapeless with a long gathered skirt. 


This is my "you're taking the picture from the wrong angle" face. Derp. 


31 weeks! 
The fabric for this dress came from Fabric Godmother from my recent fabric splurge. 

 
And this is my Autumn/winter uniform. Some kind of dress with leggings and my favourite ever pair of boots which will be reheeled/soled forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment