Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dressmaking wishlist

My head is full of ideas I'm just a little short on time!
Here's my wishlist of things I really really want to make:


This gorgeous blue gingham dress is beautiful, but I'm not entirely sure it's me and will probably stay as inspiration for a shorter dress (I really dislike midi lengths on me despite having long legs, it just doesn't look right).


This is a Cabbages and Roses skirt I saw on eBay but didn't buy, I dislike the C&R over the top silhouette and so will recreate this skirt to be a little more wearable day-to-day. I'm still looking for wool felt that comes in metres.


This is a basic circle skirt, I tend to wear dresses more because matching an outfit is very simple, but I would like more variety in my wardrobe and a basic skirt (with a bow, obviously) will be perfect.


This is Tilly and the Button Coco top which can be modified to make a dress, after a quick scout on eBay for striped jersey I've decided it needs to be added to my handmade wardrobe. Also I am OBSESSED with stripes which makes this a total no-brainer for me! It would work really nicely with the skirt above as a basic but fabulous outfit.


This is Tessuti's Eva linen dress which is doing the rounds on instagram, a beautifully flowing dress which will be perfect in white linen (£3 pm on eBay!)


Every time I see my first handmade dress it makes me smile, it's not perfect by any means but it was made by me and that sense of pride is worth more than any dress you can buy.

I've decided to write a blog post every weekend (work makes me exhausted and brain dead which is not the ideal mind frame to be writing with!) so please follow me on Bloglovin or Instagram to see what I'm up to during the week.

Have you got the dressmaking bug?

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment